Friday, August 7, 2009

Practice Test #1 - Done

Had to wake up early... (well early by my standards) and head to the testing center. I had a bit too much caffeine, to the point I was shaking a bit. Whoopsie. Some breakfast would not have hurt either. Oh well.

I busted through the essays.. blah blah. You know, the essays are a big 'whatever' anyways. Then I go to the math.. There were exponents like everywhere. WTF! I know those are an issue for me, but I swear 2/3rds of the questions had exponents involved with them. Ugh.. and in a silly move, I timed out on the last answer because I was not watching the clock. How lame of me! Next up, the verbal. At the start of this section, you can test with a time limit that you set or with no time limit. Stupidly I typed in "45" minutes instead of "75", I did not notice this mistake until I was into the first question. D'oh. I did not not want to throw the whole test out, so I hit pause. Considering timing in Verbal isn't really an issue of mine, I am not too concerned. Towards the middle of the verbal I was starting to burn out. Spacing out a bit, not focusing as well.

The score...
620 (Q43, V32)

Not bad, not bad. I am pretty pleased with the improvement.
(My standing official GMAT score is a 560 Q30, V37).

I have 31 days to get up over the 700+ mark. I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment