Monday, August 10, 2009

Work is slowly asking more and more of me...

So I currently have ideal hours for studying by not having to be at work until 4p everyday. I swear more than any other one factor, a consistent schedule at work is key to succeeding on the GMAT. Last year, I was working way too much, on hours that generally were exhausting.

Now work is asking me to attend 'mandatory' meetings in hours outside my shift hours, eating into my study time. Of course this is all during the last week of my studying before the big test. A 10am meeting here, a 3p meeting there... it adds up to less study time for me. I think now that I have agreed to two meetings outside my shift, I will put a cap on my availability for that week. Sorry, but just because my hours don't lend well to business meetings, doesn't mean I have all dam day to lend back to attend. Most of these types of meetings do not really even pertain to me. A two hour session on how something works... something I don't even use.

28 days until the big day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment