Friday, September 4, 2009

The last missing holes T-4 days

Quant:
Quadratic Special Formulas
Inequalities

Seems like 75% of my incorrect quant problems have something to do with these two concepts. So I will focus on them today at work with flashcards on the subways, bookwork at my desk, and mgmat question banks while in the control room.

Verbal:
Critical Reasoning
Reading Comprehension (inference, author agreement)

The issue with reading comp is more about not having enough practice in. The passages are long and I am too lazy most of the time. This might be a good one to also do in my office today. For critical reasoning I need to dumb it down a bit. I can seriously take my way in or out of each answer (gee sot of like real life) but I need to really act like a dumb lawyer type... nit pick each answer and assume little. Also lack of considerable practice ties in hear as well.

other than these issues, I feel ok with most everything else. Ok enough that I am cool with dumping out of other questions that are still bugging me. Why spend a couple hours really getting to understand the slope intercept equation when the likelihood of getting that exact question is limited.. smart guessing is cool with me on that.

Equally important is the fact I need to mentally prepare. Today is studying at work with some tv watching... tomorrow TV is cut out with some studying and a break to go to the US Open... Sunday.. just studying, maybe in my office in peace and quiet with no tv and no facebook. Monday I am off of work, no tv, no work emails, no facebook. Tuesday is the big test day. No emails, tv, facebook, twitter... no bs.

also load up on Pepsi Max, Red Bull Shots, Protein bars... etc

No comments:

Post a Comment