Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post-Exam Assessment

Just finished my "Post-Exam Assessment" over the phone with MGMAT instructor John. Very cool!
His points:
- Looking at the MGMAT tests I took, it is pretty clear that I have the ability to get 700+ questions in both Q and V right, yet I am getting too many in the 600-700 wrong. He believes this most likely kept me away from getting out of the low level problems.
- My problems seem to mechanical type issues, not in over all concepts. So he suggests I stay away from going straight to the MGMAT strategy guides and focus more on drills.
- Do drills on one topic at a time. Gave me some ideas for drills beyond the OG books to help me out.
- Do only one or two practice tests as practice tests only tell you were you are at, they don't really teach you like doing drills would.
- For V, he suggested I focus less on what makes an answer right, but rather focus on what makes the answer wrong. When the questions get more difficult, it will be easier to pick the correct one this way.
- He said it is pretty obvious that 510 is hardly my true ability.

He wants me to shoot him an email in a couple weeks to see where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment